An easy programme to run indoors if you are unsure of the weather.
Highlights from the programme:
- kids love making and eating food from the garden. Making pesto from freshly picked parsley was easy and fun.
- leaf print wall hangings were made from calico and kids simply laid the calico on top of a leaf and hit the calico with a stone to release the leaf dye.
- we use external providers (e.g. an art teacher, a local bird society) where we can to help with delivery
- we have 3-4 school holiday programme volunteers who help with the activities, they are ex-teachers.
Learnings from the programme:
- winter holidays can be a bit quieter, so instead of taking bookings we opened the sessions up to anyone who ‘dropped in’.
- we always expect parents to accompany their kids
- adults expressed an interest in doing art activities too!